To ensure you are getting the most bang for your buck and utilizing your space in the most efficient way, there are a few tips to maximizing your storage unit.
The first and most valuable action in organizing your possessions is to reduce the amount of clutter. Easy tips to reducing items include,
- Keep track of the items you don’t use regularly or at all
- Donate clothing and older appliances that have been updated
- Break down your items by the room to which they belong
- Measure how much space is available and “fill” it with the items you’re keeping
- Follow the bottom third rule: The lower third part of a stack of items is the least used, and more likely to be part of the donate pile
- Keep your new space in mind, especially when moving. Consider how you want it to appear IE uncluttered and clean
Clear plastic containers are one of the most efficient and time-saving storage devices available. A few of their strengths include:
- The visibility of the containers saves tons of time when searching for specific items
- They are versatile, protecting fragile items from the weather and corrosion
- They shape allows for stacking and easier storage
DIY – Storage
Lifehack offers 20 tips to DIY storage to save space, stash household items, and keep your space tidy. The ideas range from shelving to using egg cartons as storage for small items. Feel free to get creative with your space in order to maximize your value!
At Custom Self Storage, our storage experts will help you to maximize your space. If you need help deciding on a size, give us a call or send us a message.
The post Maximize Storage Unit Space appeared first on Custom Self Storage.